Monday, January 4, 2010

It's a bird! It's a.... plane?

This isn't the first time I've blogged about knitting. Anyone who knows me knows I like to knit. And I like to think that my knitting skills have evolved in the two years I've been an active "knitter".

My most recently project was to be a gift for my nephew Caden. He (well, his dad, anyway) has a thing for airplanes. And I found the cutest pattern for a knitted toy airplane. I did some variation on the color, but overall, I followed the pattern to a T. As you can see, my version did not turn out quite as cute as the pattern.

Contrary to popular belief, those are propellers on the front, not a mustache.

Needless to say, this one will not become a gift. Most likely, Kevin will use it as chew toy. He'd probably rip off those propellers faster than you can say "747". But that's ok. I just need to start thinking of it as my first knitted dog toy. On the other hand, there are organizations that accept donations of hand-knitted hats for newborns. I wonder if there is an organization similar that accepts donations of hand-knitted other things, like airplanes with mustaches. Either way, it was a learning experience, right?

No comments: