Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Stretched

Lately, I've felt like I can do it all: work full-time, go to school, finish our basement, play softball, do laundry, keep the house relatively clean and still have food on the table for dinner.
Unfortunately, stretching myself to this extent has also taken a toll on me physically. At some point last week, I started feeling the symptoms of a cold. And it sure has blossomed into a doozy. This morning I woke up with that "just been hit by a truck" feeling.
So it's times like these when I like to look on the bright side.

1. Justin and I celebrated our two-year anniversary yesterday. It's pretty hard to believe that two years ago we were just starting out. And look at us now!

2. The internet. Let's be honest- not only is the internet really cool, but without it, I would never have met Justin.

3. I still have a job that keeps me very busy during the day. And in this economy, with talk of layoffs at one of the strongest universities in the area, I'm very thankful to have a job at all.

4. Our basement is rockin'. Our initial goal was to be done in time for a Halloween party, and it looks like we might actually be ahead of schedule. Except for some doors, trim and carpet, my craft room is done. The two large rooms are fully painted (thanks to some great helpers this weekend) and the media room is on its way.

Overall, things are going great. We are truly blessed to have the resources for these endeavors. I just need to keep these things in mind over the next couple of days when I will be blowing my nose so much I'll look like Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer.

No comments: